Thanksgiving Leftovers- Turkey Hash
What to do with those Thanksgiving Leftovers
It’s definitely one of our favorite times of the year. Good thing, since it seems like each year we celebrate thanksgiving about 3 times in a row. When your married it’s an automatic visit to one side of the family and then another, that’s two Thanksgiving meals right there. Then of course we never miss our beloved “Friendsgiving” with all of our friends, which has been going strong for years now. That means the same exact meal, although delicious, eaten over and over again.
Going Cold Turkey
So now you’re left with tons of leftovers but just can’t bear to eat the same meal again… Whatever shall you do? Spice up those those thanksgiving leftovers and make it into something new! Enter: Turkey Hash. It’s simple and you’ll most likely have all the ingredients in your fridge.
- Leftover Turkey
- Leftover Sweet Potatoes (Or any other leftover potatoes)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic ( Diced)
- 1 Tbs Olive or Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Pinch Paprika
- Salt ( To taste)
- Pepper (To taste)
- Shred leftover turkey meat, set aside
- Chop Sweet Potatoes into small chunks- (If uncooked, cook separaretly then set aside)
- Add 1 Tbs Olive or Coconut Oil to skillet
- Dice Onion add to skillet and let cook till onions are translucent and fragrant
- Add Garlic
- Add Turkey and Spices
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is fully mixed and coated in spices
- Add Sweet Potatoes
- Stir another 1-2 min.
- Remove and Serve